Every NEWA student is an ambassador for themselves, their families, and our community when they are in school and out in the public eye. Therefore, all students have a responsibility to present themselves in line with the direction and expectations outlined within the school uniform policy. Below is a list of ‘specific’ uniform requirements, which all students must follow at all times.
– A school blazer and tie must be worn at all times. The blazer and tie must be worn correctly and blazer sleeves cannot be rolled up.
– The top button of the shirt must be done up.
– Trousers must be full-length, plain and of a smart style in line with school expectations. Trousers must not feature decorative buttons or zips. Leggings, jogging bottoms, cuffed ankles or denim or cord type trousers are not permitted.
– Any clothing worn underneath school uniform must not be visible.
Shoes, bags and coats:
– Shoes must be plain black, polishable, smart, practical and in line with school expectations. Shoes must not have any visible logos.
– Plain black socks or tights that are in line with school expectations must be worn with all shoe types.
– Bags must be of a suitable size to carry exercise books/A4 folders and appropriate for use within the school. Fashion bags and handbags are not permitted.
– Coats should be plain in colour and in a style suitable for school. Denim jackets, leather jackets, hooded sweaters, cardigans and tracksuit tops are not permitted.
– Coats must only be worn in areas permitted by the school.
– One small plain stud earring per ear is permitted.
– Earrings must be removed for all physical activity.
– Other piercings such as nose rings, or facial piercings are not permitted.
– Ear stretchers, flesh tunnels and flesh plugs are not permitted.
– One ring and a watch may be worn.
– No other jewellery or fashion accessories are permitted.
Not following these requirements will lead to sanctions as outlined by the school’s behaviour policy